Summer is always a time when it’s difficult to balance healthy snacks versus tasty treats. We want to offer a way that you can both enjoy your treat, all while giving your body the proper nutrients it needs to give you energy for a happy, healthy life!
However, with more summer activity comes a higher risk of injury. If your feet are bothering you or showing signs of inflammation, our podiatrists at Advanced Foot & Ankle are here for you!
Healthy Treats To Try
- Ripe frozen bananas
- Almond milk
- Nut butter
- Dark chocolate chips
- Blend together 2 frozen bananas, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 tablespoon of your favorite nut butter.
- Once blended, top with your choice of dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, or fruit.
- Fresh apples
- Nut butter
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Plant based protein granola
- Cacao nibs/dark chocolate chips
- Slice up two fresh apples of your choice and spread on plate
- Microwave 2 tbsp. of your favorite nut butter and sprinkle over apples
- Repeat step 2 with Greek yogurt, granola, and cacao nibs/dark chocolate chips
Sweet Potato Chips
- Sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Cut 2 sweet potatoes into thin, chip-like slices
- Lather in 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Bake on 325 for 10 minutes, flip and bake for 10 more minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cinnamon on top
These are just some of a variety of choices that are healthy ways to satisfy your summer sweet tooth. Did you know that eating healthy helps reduce inflammation and boosts your immune system? According to Healthline, the foods listed help combat bloating and sore spots on your body.
Due to the increase of activity in the summer, it is likely that you might experience some swelling to both your feet and ankles. Try some of these delicious snacks to benefit your nutrition and your joint health. If swelling or issues persist, your local podiatrist is here to help!
Call us at 615-332-0330 to book an appointment with us, we’d be happy to help you!